Planning meetings and events can be a confusing and overwhelming process. Let the ACU Hotel & Conference center help. With years of experience planning flawless events, we can make yours shine.
Why Choose ACU Hotel & Conference Center for your next meeting or event?
- Our event planners are with you every step of the way, ensuring your meeting or event is a complete success.
- Our catering staff has a large menu from which to choose your food and beverage service. Whether you’re offering a buffet, a plated meal or anything in between, we can accommodate your needs, including any dietary restrictions.
- With nearly 30,000 sq. ft. of meeting space, we have the right space for your group. Of that total, nearly 14,000 sq. ft. is configurable to your specific needs.
Are you hosting out of town guests? Our convention center is on the same quiet and serene campus as our 110-room hotel.
Types of Meetings & Events
This category has a fairly broad definition. A corporate event is any form of event, hospitality or social activity sponsored by a corporate entity for the benefit of employees, business partners, clients and/or prospective clients. Examples include:
- Product Launches
- Business Meals
- Team-Building Events
- Trade Shows
A corporate retreat is basically a getaway for members of a corporate team. The team participates in fun activities with the purpose of:
- Strengthening employee relationships
- Inspiration and creativity
- Boosting morale and productivity
- Clarifying company goals and corporate roles
- Getting to know each other in a more relaxed setting
The goal of corporate training and seminars is to empower employees, help them reframe limiting mindsets and improve their productivity and become better employees and leaders. A few examples of popular corporate training and seminars include:
- Technology training
- Soft skills training
- Customer engagement training
- Safety training
- Managerial training
- Products/Services training
- Diversity training
- Conflict resolution training
It’s an exciting time when a company is able to launch a brand new product. What better way to celebrate your accomplishment than by a festive event to introduce this new item? Here are some great ideas to promote your next product launch:
- Create some mystery by posting social media teaser
- This creates intrigue, which heightens curiosity
- Make it fun
- Serve great drinks and food
- Make sure all your reps are completely knowledgeable
- Create a catchy theme
- Find your unique voice
- What makes your company stand out from all the others in your industry?
- Include giveaways
- Everyone gets excited about gifts and prizes
- Know your audience
- Make sure your market research is spot on. You should know your audience better than they know themselves
Similar to corporate retreats, team-building events help to enhance employee relationships and define team roles in a fun and collaborative setting. Examples of team building events include:
- Have a field day. Go to an interesting museum/park/attraction in your city
- Give recognition for a job well done
- Take your team to lunch
- Have a board game tournament
- Organize a fun activity for your remote team
- Have a scavenger hunt
- Organize an improv class
- Take a cooking lesson
- Sponsor a fun musical lesson - think harmonica or ukulele
Giving back is a great example of being a good corporate neighbor. Here are a few suggestions to make your next non-profit or charity event stand out.
- Charity Auctions
- Trivia Tournaments
- Bring an item for a person or family in need as your entrance “fee”
- Yard or Craft sale
- Talent Show
What are the Key Elements of a Successful Event?
- A well planned theme and ambiance
- The right venue
- Great food and drink
- Hospitable staff
- The right music for the crowd
- Convenient parking
- Nearby accommodations for out-of-town guests
Common Questions About Meeting & Events
How far out should we book our room at the venue?
As soon as is practical. When you know your date and your approximate guest count, it’s time to make a reservation.
Do you offer catering services?
Yes, we have a wonderful catering and banquet staff on-site in our facility.
How much of a deposit do we have to provide?
We require a 50% deposit for all room rentals.
Can we access the room prior to and after our event for setup, breakdown, etc?
Yes, we are happy to welcome you 1-2 hours prior to your event for setup.
Can we have music at our event?
Yes! Your rental comes with the use of our A/V equipment.
Can we have alcohol at our event?
Yes, you may order alcohol from our catering department. We do not permit outside alcohol or cash bars.
Is parking available? If so, how much is it?
Yes, parking is available and it’s free.