Whether you’re looking to reward your team for a job well done, engage in team-building exercises or facilitate brainstorming and planning sessions, a corporate retreat is the perfect way to get everyone together and enjoy a successful outcome.
What Is A Corporate Retreat?
By definition, a corporate retreat is a corporate event, typically held at an off-site location, designed to act as team-building or planning exercise. It is meant to be a positive bonding experience for the group.
Benefits Of A Corporate Retreat
Many believe that corporate retreats return happy and revitalized employees, who are ready to make great strides and accomplishments in their work. Other benefits of corporate retreats have been noted as:
- Fostering a deeper sense of corporate community and camaraderie
- A change of scenery can reduce stress
- A corporate retreat shows employees that the company is invested in their success. This fosters a boost in morale and productivity
- Get to know your coworkers outside the realm of work. Maybe you’ll find that you share some outside interests!
- Corporate Retreats At ACU Hotel & Conference Center
The quiet and serene campus of Arizona Christian University is an ideal venue to host your corporate retreat. Here, your participants are surrounded by mature landscaping, nature, and greenery. We invite your group to take advantage of our outdoor courtyard during favorable weather and our onsite 110-room hotel offers incredible convenience for your entire group.
How To Plan A Corporate Retreat (Basic Tips)
- Define the purpose of your retreat
- Identify the issues/concerns to be addressed
- Set goals and objectives
- Stay focused on the subject matter
- Decide who should be invited
- Invite the appropriate executives
- Communicate the goals of the retreat to all the attendees
- Select your dates
- Select your location
- Decide on transportation mode
- Plan menus
- Plan the activities
- Create a global schedule
Corporate Retreats Activities Ideas
If you’re just stumped for things to do at your company retreat, we’ve compiled a fun list to get you started!
- Scavenger Hunt
- Group Hike
- Cooking Lessons
- Board Game Tournament
- Karaoke/Musical Event
- City Walking Tour
- Mystery Dinner
Common Questions About Corporate Retreats
What is the average cost of a corporate retreat?
Rates for corporate retreats vary widely, depending on the number of participants, the activities you choose, whether or not you book overnight accommodations and how many/what type of meals are included. Please contact our event planning staff for a quote for your group.
Is catering included for our corporate retreat?
While catering is not included, our on-site staff will be happy to help you plan your food and beverage service from our extensive catering menu. Please note that we can accommodate special dietary requests with advance notice.
Should family members be included in a work retreat?
Typically, only team members are included in work retreats.
How long should our retreat be?
This varies widely according to the work and family commitments of the attendees. However, most corporate retreats typically last between 2-10 days. The average is about 7 days.